We are looking for an experienced content marketing specialist to join our in-house content marketing and social PR team.
If you are a journalist or a PR professional with an ability to write feature articles, we’d like to hear from you.
Content is pivotal to all digital marketing disciplines and you will need to be able to make a key contribution to idea generation and strategic thinking for our SEO, PPC and design services.
You will also contribute to our social PR service, which incorporates social content scheduling, community development and influencer outreach.
To succeed in this role you will have excellent attention to detail; be good at content ideation and production as well as have a good understanding of readership and target audience. Be able to step in and support delivery as necessary and bring a wide range of marketing skills to the role.
This is an excellent opportunity for a self-driven, well organised person who is creative and who wants to make a difference. You will be able to strategise, work to deadlines and balance a varied portfolio.
Core responsibilities include
- Working with customers to understand their requirements, devising and delivering strategic content outputs linked to audiences.
- Manage the production and quality of all content produced, and help the wider company with content quality.
- Manage writers and designers required for the production of content outputs.
- Be a good all-rounder, being able to step in when necessary to support content communication outputs.
- Analyse customer websites and provide well-defined strategies for search engine improvement. Be able to analyse traffic in Google Analytics, Google Search Console and our own prescriptive marketing platform, Apollo Insights.
- Provide guidance, thought leadership and pragmatic organisation to customers and to our wider team.
- Be proactive and innovative on behalf of our customers, and look for ways that content can help them grow.
- Manage day-to-day client relationships through face-to-face meetings, frequent conference calls, and presentations.
- Exceed client expectations and performance goals on a daily basis.
Additional required experience
- Must be able to communicate well using email, Word and PowerPoint, whether it is to pitch an idea or to report on results.
- Must have excellent attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task in a deadline-driven environment.
- Strong understanding of optimising content for search engine and ability to make critical design and technical recommendations to web developers.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Excellent organisational skills and an ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects.
- Sense of humour.
- Fun, collaborative culture
- 22-25 days’ holiday per year
- Training, so you can expand your skills
- Self-scheduled working hours – any eight-hour period between 7am and 7pm
- Value on leadership and autonomy
- Opportunities for growth (in a growing company)
- Fantastic office located inside Portsmouth’s Historic Dockyard
How to apply
Please apply in confidence to Steve Masters at info(at)vertical-leap(dot)uk