Vertical Leap, one of the UK’s top digital marketing agencies, and part of the Sideshow group, is looking for an experienced, client-facing digital designer to join its creative team.
This is an opportunity for a talented, creative designer to make their mark with a forward-thinking and friendly design team. You will be creative, technically-precise and capable of working across many disciplines including UX, web, digital display, exhibitions, sales-enablement and brand identity. This job would suit an ambitious mid-level designer looking to make the jump, or a solid senior-level designer looking for a new challenge.
- To use your design skills towards the creation of marketing materials, websites and other design products for Vertical Leap’s large client base.
- To contribute towards the research and development of ideas.
- Developing & implementing other ways to acquire incoming website links and content marketing opportunities.
- Provide concept designs in response to a client brief
- Produce visuals to explain a design approach
- Design to a budget using best practice considerations
- Work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Ability to take feedback and direction positively
- Client-facing and competent in meetings and/or client pitches
- To work as part of a creative team and self-manage time versus output effectively
- Generation of concept work to support the tender and new business processes
The ideal candidate:
- An excellent working knowledge of the Adobe suite of products and other associated tools to get the job done.
- Good design awareness (e.g. a solid understanding of typography and layout design).
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knows what good UX looks like.
- A keen approach towards self-learning and development in this role.
- A degree in a design centred course, or equivalent experience (your work/experience should speak for you).
- A portfolio of previous designs, projects and accomplishments.
- Fun, collaborative culture
- 22-25 days of holiday per year
- 5-10 days training per year
- Self-scheduled working hours – any 8 hour period between 7am and 7pm
- Value on leadership and autonomy
- Child care voucher / cycle to work scheme access
- Opportunities for growth (and a growing company!)
- Fantastic office located inside Portsmouth’s Historic Dockyard
How to apply for this design job:
Please apply in confidence to Matt Hopkins at mhopkins(at)vertical-leap(dot)uk