Vertical Leap, one of the UK’s top search marketing agencies, seeks a bright and ambitious Lead .Net developer to work on a selection of new services as well as supporting existing services.
This role will involve extensive design and development of our internal solutions. There will be a heavy focus on SQL Server and Web development. Some 2nd line application support will be needed from time to time.
The candidate will be responsible for running the team day to day, developing new features (or products) including database design and cloud architectures. They will report to the Operations Team.
- 5+ years commercial development experience.
- Experience leading a team of developers.
- Line management experience.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Self-motivated to keep up to date with current technologies.
- A full understanding and knowledge of the following technologies:
– ASP.Net (MVC and some WebForms)
– C#.Net (.Net 4.5+ / .Net Core 2+)
- Strong SQL Server skills (Stored Procs, Indexes, Database design)
- A good knowledge of AWS services (EC2, ECR, S3, VPC)
- Software Design patterns
- Agile Processes
- Web services (Web APIs)
- TDD & Unit testing
Any exposure to the following is advantageous:
- Machine Learning / AI
- Node JS
- Docker / Containers
- Google APIs
- Azure / Google Cloud
What’s great about Vertical Leap?
- Fantastic and inspiring culture
- Cutting edge environment in which to learn
- Strong focus on development
- 22-25 days holiday (depending on length of service), plus your birthday off
- Health insurance and pension (depending on length of service)
- Unique location in the Portsmouth Historic Dockyard
- Yoga and monthly mental wellbeing sessions
- Summer and Christmas parties, partners welcome too!
How to apply for this job
Please apply in confidence to Chris Pitt at cpitt(at)vertical-leap(dot)uk