An ideal position for a cool, calm and collected individual who thrives on being at the centre of a fast-moving and varied business, and wants to develop their interest in SEO and search marketing into a career.
This is an SEO entry level role, which is initially actions and support based, with the expectation to grow through on the job training and support, and extensive self-learning and enthusiasm to learn, into a specialist SEO position.
The SEO role
Supporting the existing team who are managing a portfolio of new and existing SEO campaigns that are based on annual contracts and ensuring that they are delivered to a very high standard, this is a varied, absorbing and rewarding position.
Essentially, you would be training to become an SEO specialist whilst delivering a full range of SEO support actions including helping the technicians making the actual optimisation changes, but you’ll also be liaising with SEO and Integrated Campaign Managers, as well as Account Managers, and occasionally direct with clients.
You’ll be strong in task and project management and be adept at juggling a large number of tasks at once.
Your communications skills will be excellent, both in a team-facing capacity and in written English, with expectation to extend this to customers as you training and development progresses.
You’ll have a firm technical understanding of the Internet, its various technologies and especially SEO, wider search marketing and websites generally (for example HTML).
As a person you will be a self-starter who is highly motivated, has an aptitude to learn fast, and that is driven to learn on the job, self-study, and bring new value to the team.
Any previous agency experience would be advantageous.
This position also includes the following core responsibilities:
- Supporting organic optimisation projects from strategy through implementation with full support and ongoing training provided.
- Manage, deliver to deadline, and proactively progress all campaign activities relating to SEO.
- Analyse customer websites and provide contribution to strategies for search engine improvement.
- Leverage skills in search engine writing to improve effectiveness of site content.
- Monitor search engine results, analyse key Web site metrics, and provide proactive recommendations and strategies for continued improvement.
- Provide proactive value through your continued development and specialism building to a growing team of passionate search engine marketers.
- Have awareness of industry, related sectors, and algorithmic changes in the search engines to contribute to when and how to adapt our proven delivery methodology.
- Exceed internal client expectations and performance goals on a daily basis (which is assumed to grow to client facing with personal development).
Additional required experience
- A keen approach towards self-learning and development in this role is a must.
- Must have an enthusiastic interest and ideally some existing experience delivering results through ethical search engine optimisation, marketing, and/or website techniques.
- Must have excellent attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task in a deadline driven environment.
- Solid understanding of search engine-friendly Web site design and ability to make critical design and technical recommendations to Web developers.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Excellent organisational skills and an ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects.
- Sense of humour.
The Enterprise SEO team is a talented, friendly and supportive group of SEO, technical, content promotion, and broader web-marketing specialists. We have a varied and interesting workload consisting of primarily retainer work with intermittent projects, so there’s opportunity to build strong relationships with clients and get to know their brands and immerse yourself in a passionate and talented team of specialists.
We are relaxed and informal in the office and enjoy jokes, but we also work very hard, are focused, driven, and get lots of creative and specialist actions completed.
We are always looking to develop and add to our skill-sets, and keep up to date with trends and developments in our respective fields, sharing knowledge, tactics that work, and a collaborative approach to self-development and improvement.
We have regular team lunches and drinks as well as joining in with company-wide events. We also enjoy tea. A LOT of tea.
- Fun, collaborative culture
- Dress-down / smart/casual dress code (outside of meetings)
- 22+ days of holiday per year
- 5+ days training per year
- Opportunity for flexible working hours post initial period
- Value on leadership and autonomy
- Child care voucher / cycle to work scheme access
- Opportunities for growth (and a growing company!)
- Games room
- Organised yoga sessions
- Fantastic office located inside Portsmouth’s Historic Dockyard