Vertical Leap, one of the UK’s top digital marketing agencies, and part of the Sideshow group, is looking for an experienced, client-facing UX designer to join its creative team.
This is an opportunity for a talented UX designer to make their mark with a forward-thinking and friendly design team. You will be creative, technically-precise and capable of working across many business sectors.
This job would suit an ambitious junior UX designer looking to make the jump, or a solid mid-level UX designer looking for a new challenge.
Responsibilities and duties
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Facilitate the client’s product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences for digital products.
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Ask smart questions, take risks and champion new ideas.
Qualifications and skills
- Two or more years of UX design experience.
- Ability to work with clients to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet client needs and vision.
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns.
- Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients.
- A clear understanding of the importance of user-centered design and design thinking.
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting including synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete design implications.
- Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders via a distributed model, to regularly deliver design solutions for approval.
- Be passionate about resolving user pain points through great design.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
- Incentivised rewards system (inc pension, healthcare, apple watch etc)
- Fun, collaborative culture
- 22-25 days holiday per year
- 5-10 days training per year
- Self-scheduled working hours – any 8 hour period between 7am and 7pm
- Value on leadership and autonomy
- Cycle to work scheme
- Fantastic office located inside Portsmouth’s Historic Dockyard
How to apply for this design job:
Please apply in confidence to Chris Pitt at info(at)vertical-leap(dot)uk