SEO Specialist job description
An ideal position for a cool, calm and collected individual who thrives on being at the centre of a fast-moving and exciting business, who has experience working specifically within SEO. You may be working agency or in-house and have the drive to be part of a growing company based either in our Portsmouth office or a combination of home and office working.
As an SEO Specialist, you will be responsible for managing a portfolio of new and existing campaigns across an exciting array of clients and ensuring that they are delivered to the highest standard.
About the right candidate
You will have a strong and clear understanding of SEO and how to apply it strategically and tactically to achieve results. You will have 2-4 years working specifically in SEO either in another agency or in-house. You will be able to clearly demonstrate strong time and task management skills. Your communications skills will be excellent, both in a client-facing capacity and in written English. Experience of other marketing channels would be useful as would a high level of broader business understanding and acumen.
- Deliver to the highest standard SEO campaigns from strategy creation to implementation
- Efficiently manage internal resources to deliver that strategy
- Analyse customer websites and provide well-defined and detailed SEO recommendations for search engine improvement
- Leverage skills in search engine writing to improve the effectiveness of site content
- Monitor search engine results, analyse key website metrics, and provide recommendations and strategies for continued improvement
- Monitor algorithmic changes in the search engines to determine when and how to adapt our proven delivery methodology
- Manage day-to-day client relationships through face-to-face meetings, frequent conference calls, and presentations
- Exceed expectations and performance goals on a daily basis
Additional required experience
- Must have proven experience in SEO
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task in a deadline-driven environment
- Thorough and clearly demonstrable understanding of Search Engine Optimisation tactics which are up to date
- Existing skills and familiarity with Google Analytics, Google Search Console, (Google Data Studio, and PowerBI desirable)
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Excellent organisational skills and an ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects
- Sense of humour, enthusiasm, and self-motivated with a passion to achieve
The Enterprise SEO team is a talented, friendly, and supportive group of SEO, technical, content promotion, and broader web-marketing specialists. We have a varied and interesting workload consisting of primarily retainer (ongoing) campaigns with intermittent projects, so there’s an opportunity to build strong relationships with clients and get to know their brands and immerse yourself in a passionate and talented team of specialists. We are relaxed and informal in the office, but we also work very hard, are focused, driven, and get lots of creative and specialist actions completed.
We are always looking to develop and add to our skill-sets, and keep up to date with trends and developments in our respective fields, sharing knowledge, tactics that work, and a collaborative approach to self-development and improvement.
We have regular team lunches and other social activities as well as joining in with company-wide events. We also enjoy coffee. A LOT of coffee.
- Flexibility regarding a combination of work from home/office working with remote working equipment provided
- 22-30 days of holiday per year (depending on the length of service)
- Opportunity for flexible working hours post initial period
- Pension and private health care (depending on length of service)
- Casual dress code (outside of meetings)
- Value on leadership and autonomy
- Child care voucher/cycle to work scheme access (where applicable)
- Opportunities for growth (and to join a growing company!)
- Fantastic office located inside Portsmouth’s Historic Dockyard
- Fun, collaborative culture
We take mental wellbeing seriously at Vertical Leap. We have two qualified Mental Health First Aiders, run mental wellbeing sessions and have an internal communications channel where we share wellbeing content. We are constantly working towards removing the stigma that surrounds mental health so that everyone feels more comfortable talking openly about it without fear of being judged.
How to apply
If you’d like to apply for this position, please email your CV to Dave Colgate at firstname.lastname@example.org.