Account Manager job description
We are looking for an enthusiastic, highly organised individual to join our growing team of Account Managers based in our Portsmouth office.
Scope of the role
- Support the Account Management Team in the day-to-day management of enterprise level customers and multiple cross channel digital strategies.
- Build and sustain strong and long-lasting relationships with client-side contacts at every level.
- Drive business growth through existing clients.
- Work with Service Managers, to motivate and support the technical delivery teams in delivering an outstanding service in order to retain and grow all customer accounts.
- Maintain regular contact with customers and provide timely and efficient responses to all customer queries.
- Prepare and deliver top quality presentations to customers to demonstrate progress and performance against agreed objectives and KPIs.
- Proactively advise clients about digital marketing landscape developments and ensure that campaign strategies are adapted in a timely fashion to meet all relevant requirements.
- Ensure that knowledge and understanding of the vertical markets served by your customers is understood, maintained and developed on an ongoing basis.
- Investigate and solve customer problems, complaints and credit issues by liaising with all necessary departments.
Analytical and technical
- Ensure that customer reporting utilises suitable metrics, delivers robust insight and includes clear actions related to agreed objectives.
- Ensure that reports are professionally written and proofed, following all relevant company style guidelines.
- Understand the features and benefits of all Vertical Leap’s products and services in order to successfully promote these to customers.
- Develop knowledge on an ongoing basis of SEO, paid search, social media, website design/usability and other relevant channels that provide traffic and conversions for clients.
- Contribute to fostering a culture of excellence across the wider team and other Vertical Leap departments.
- Maintain a strong understanding and high proficiency of use of the key analytical and market intelligence tools (Google Analytics, Apollo Insights and third party tools where needed).
- Ensure analysis and insight are drawn from these tools on an ongoing basis to maximise the effectiveness of customer campaigns.
Essential required experience
- Minimum 2 years account management / relationship management experience in the digital marketing industry.
- Minimum 2 years digital marketing experience (this role would also suit a digital marketer who is keen to move into account management).
- Flexibility regarding a combination of work from home/office working with remote working equipment provided
- 22-28 days of holiday per year (depending on the length of service)
- 5+ days training per year
- Opportunity for flexible working hours post initial period
- Pension and private health care (depending on length of service)
- Casual dress code (outside of meetings)
- Value on leadership and autonomy
- Child care voucher/cycle to work scheme access (where applicable)
- Opportunities for growth (and to join a growing company!)
- Fantastic office located inside Portsmouth’s Historic Dockyard
- Fun, collaborative culture
NOTE: We also offer an excellent pension scheme and private health insurance after a certain length of service.
We take mental wellbeing seriously at Vertical Leap. We have two qualified Mental Health First Aiders, run mental wellbeing sessions and have an internal communications channel where we share wellbeing content. We are constantly working towards removing the stigma that surrounds mental health so that everyone feels more comfortable talking openly about it without fear of being judged.
How to apply
Please apply in confidence by sending your CV to Nick Pearse at firstname.lastname@example.org.