Vertical Leap, one of the UK’s top search marketing agencies, a Deloitte Fast50 company and part of the Sideshow group, seeks an experienced, Content Promotion and Social PR Specialist to work within our in-house content marketing team.
This is an exciting opportunity split between off-page activity with content promotion and placement/PR to support SEO and content marketing objectives, as well as managing existing and new social media accounts.
In addition, you will be working closely with customers, have excellent attention to detail, be good at content production as well as have an understanding of audiences.
This is an excellent opportunity for a self-driven, well-organised person who is creative and who wants to make a difference. You must be able to work to deadlines and balance a varied portfolio.
Day to day you will be working across a range of clients providing content promotion/PR and organic (non-paid) social media services. You will be interpreting briefs, producing a variety of outputs such as promotion and placement of blogs, in-depth opinion pieces, articles, press releases and social posts plus daily management of social media campaigns.
Within the content promotion/PR element of the role you will be working with an existing team of specialists helping to grow the presence of our client’s sites across third-party websites and aiding the promotion of their content to external sources.
You will also be liaising with SEO Delivery Managers to support them in reporting on improvements you have made as well as discussing new ideas, strategies and successes with SEO Delivery Managers and clients themselves.
You will liaise with clients and internal teams as part of your day to day role, be part of the reviewing process, manage feedback and organise sign off. You will work with vibrant and high performing teams, giving you access to other specialist skills to support your own outputs (notably the content and Enterprise SEO teams).
- Deliver a range of outputs as part of delivering content promotion and social PR briefs.
- Understand and ensure consistent on-brand communication with a focus on quality and delivery.
- Edit, publish and share content that builds meaningful connections and encourages audiences to follow calls to action.
- Experience with social media platforms, including, but not limited to blogs, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, LinkedIn, YouTube and Instagram.
- Knowledge of online marketing and good understanding of major marketing channels.
- Good customer service skills, able to discuss outputs, and interpret feedback.
- Ability to multi-task, good organisational skills, able to manage own time and workload.
- Experience of leveraging social media analytics tools (e.g. algorithms).
- Excellent consulting, writing, presentation and communication skills.
- Able to be proactive and innovative on behalf of customers, and to look for ways that content can help them grow.
Additional required experience
- Must be able to communicate well using email, telephone, Excel, Word and PowerPoint, whether it is to pitch an idea or to report on results.
- Must have excellent attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task in a deadline-driven environment.
- Strong understanding of optimising and promoting content for search engine and ability to make critical design and technical recommendations to web developers.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Previous experience outreach and/or link building is beneficial but not required.
- Excellent organisational skills and an ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects.
- Sense of humour.
- Fun, collaborative culture
- Dress-down / smart / casual dress code (outside of meetings)
- 22+ days of holiday per year
- 5+ days training per year
- Opportunity for flexible working hours post initial period
- Value on leadership and autonomy
- Child care voucher / cycle to work scheme access
- Opportunities for growth (and a growing company!)
- Opportunity for company benefits such as pension and private health care post initial period
- Fantastic office located inside Portsmouth’s Historic Dockyard
- Onsite parking
To apply, send your CV to Jo Littlechild at firstname.lastname@example.org