Vertical Leap, one of the UK’s top search marketing agencies, and part of the Sideshow Group, seeks an experienced, digital creative specialist to lead and manage our in-house creative team.
Our team of designers and web developers look after creative services for multiple customers – including website maintenance retainers, performance UX, and design and development projects.
As well as managing relationships across a portfolio of clients, you will also assist the internal marketing team with branding materials and website management, as well as the tech team for interface development on our Apollo Insights platform.
You will work closely with the sales team, contributing to pitches and presentations, and work closely with the accounts team to ensure admin is up to scratch.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who would like to run and grow a team, and someone who has a flair for innovation. At interview, we will ask you to demonstrate your work and talk about it strategically.
Reporting to the services director, you will be the champion for creative services within the delivery department.
Core responsibilities of the role:
- Manage the production and quality of all work produced by the design and build team.
- Analyse traffic in Google Analytics, Google Search Console and our own prescriptive marketing platform, Apollo Insights.
- Provide guidance, thought leadership and pragmatic organisation to our team of passionate specialists.
- Manage day-to-day client relationships through face-to-face meetings, frequent conference calls, and presentations.
- Lead creative sessions for project kick-offs.
- Take the lead on service cross-overs, like performance UX and conversational UI.
- Manage multiple projects from concept through to completion.
- Drive the creative vision of both client projects and the agency itself.
- Supervise and inspire the creative team (made up of developers, designers and performance UX specialists).
- Work with the marketing team to develop concepts that will lift the agency’s brand presence.
- Work with the sales team to generate ideas for pitching and proposals.
- Work with multiple marketing and PR teams to achieve local, national and global targets.
- Work with the finance team to establish monthly internal billing targets and surpass them.
- Provide quality control over concepts and projects.
- Operate as a knowledge bank for Google’s core suite of tools (Analytics, Optimize and Tag Manager).
- To build and manage an industry leading creative department.
Additional required experience:
- Must be able to communicate well using email, Word and PowerPoint, whether it is to pitch an idea or to report on results.
- Must have excellent attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task in a deadline-driven environment.
- Strong understanding of optimising website performance.
- Data-minded approach to decision-making, and an ability to present findings.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Excellent organisational skills and an ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects.
- Sense of humour.
- Fun, collaborative culture
- 22-25 days’ holiday per year
- Self-scheduled working hours – any eight-hour period between 7am and 7pm
- Child care voucher / cycle to work scheme access
- Value on leadership and autonomy
- Opportunities for growth (and a growing company)
- Fantastic office located inside Portsmouth’s Historic Dockyard
How to apply
Please apply in confidence to Steve Masters at info(at)vertical-leap(dot)uk